Mortimer was the face of Fred and Jane Best’s Dachshunds. He was the show dog which advertised Fred and Jane’s business.
Of all Fred and Jane’s dachshunds, Mortimer was the most spoiled. The dog’s day is highly structured. Here is a schedule Mortimer lives by:
- Breakfast: Mortimer only ate premium dog food. The food consists of beef chunks doused in a special gravy sauce with grated carrots.
- Mortimer would then be given a series of exercises, mostly walking and running on a dog track. This would be for one hour, between 10 and 11 am.
- Mortimer would then be placed with his fellow dachshunds where he would play and rest.
- From about 3 pm to 4 pm, Mortimer would be walked and run on a dog obstacle course so he would develop the skills needed to compete in dog shows.
- Mortimer would then be treated to a light snack before bed.
Mortimer was the only dog Fred and Jane had that was treated this way.